Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Today In Class

Today in my kindergarten class I had a little girl who I like to call "antsy-pantsy" pick her nose and eat it. I found this to be very interesting, and quite gross actually. I didn't know what to say or do. I didn't want other students to make fun of her or draw attention to her. I laughed inside though, and I will always remember the day that I first caught a student picking their nose!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an intresting day!! You could maybe tell that its inappriote to pick your nose in private if you get a chance. But then again 5 year olds are bound to pick their nose every once in awhile...hopefully she'll grow out of it on her own!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,
    A five year old usually isn't too self conscious but you are right to be concerned about protecting her self esteem. However, I do suggest that when you see her do it you quietly hand her a kleenex or simply say "Antsy-pantsy please go grab a kleenex for your nose." and leave it at that. Just re-direct her behavior.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete