Thursday, April 2, 2009

Frontline Video-The Internet

I think that the internet can be dangerous, but has many good resources. The internet has quite the impact on children because of the world that we live in today. Our world has turned into a booming technology age. The internet can be used for anything in this day and age and I think that this impacts kids both negatively and positively. The negative impacts can include cyber bullying, being the victim of fraud, obtaining a stalker, etc. These things can be avoided in my opinion. Children need to be informed of how to stay safe on the internet. I think that it is our jobs as future educators to start educating them at an early age. Children need to learn what to avoid, and what and what not to do to stay safe. They also need to learn the consequences and the potential dangers so that they are aware. I think this knowledge alone will help childern to stay safe. I think that it promotes education if it is used in the right way. As an elementary teacher I don't think I will have to worry about the internet in use of cheating, but my students will have to learn that it is wrong, so that they don't cheat when they get older. It is hard to draw the line of what is cheating and what is not. I think that the students need to know their boundaries for the classroom they are in and follow the teacher's rules. I don't really worry about my students cheating because of the age that I plan to teach. I do however, intend to inform them on the dangers of the internet and how to properly use it. I also will inform them on what cheating is and that it is wrong. I don't think that there is much more that I can do as an elementary educator. (K-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment